Ruminations on the latest re-balance update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruminations on the latest re-balance update

This could also be titled "Why the late Mini-Boss wave is the end of your Sudden Death game". I'll give the developer credit that the re-rebalance brought a lot of things back to what they were expected (Crossbow hits land and air targets) but also made some good balances with it. For example, I understand the design decision to make the Crossbow not to be overwhelmingly powerful (slightly larger range, more DPS than the basic cannon, but costs more). Mortars are good again, Honey towers make sense (although I'd have a larger range, faster recharge, but whatever) and the games last a good 3-5 minutes...

However, the single largest issue I have is that the Mini-Bosses are flat out too fast. I can run the exact same strategy in Sudden Death, game to game, and the only real factor in how many kills I get is when that late Mini-Boss run goes. Again, same strategy has had me get 133 kills, 158, and 205 in the last three games I ran. The randomization of the waves also has some give to it; I need to track what exactly is spawned, but I seem to recall more grunts in that 205 game than lasses, heavies and, of course, got them faster than that last mini-boss.

Can this be looked at?

In regards to mini-bosses the ones who are "quick" have less health than those who are slower

Comment

Originally posted by ihitz View Post
      In regards to mini-bosses the ones who are "quick" have less health than those who are slower
      I'd trade slower and more health than fast. I had a nearly full Sudden Death maze and I got perhaps the first one down to 33% right around 200 kills in League 2.

Comment

Working...
      X